Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter - Jesus is Risen!



So I realize it's been quite a while since I posted something on this blog. In fact, it's been well over a year. In that time frame our family has grown by one, a beautiful baby girl named Katelyn and I didn't even post anything on that. Yeah, I know, I'm pathetic. Anyway, I thought I'd throw some more up here to share on what's going on in our family for those who don't regularly use facebook.

We love Easter in this family, primarily because of what it means to us and our faith. Thank you Lord for giving us your one and only son! And boy oh boy am I glad he defeated the grave and came back to give us eternal life. We also love Easter in our house because it means fun family time. Ben, now on his 4th Easter, has grown to love this day mostly because of the candy and Easter eggs. But, he's a typical kid, right?

Here's Ben walking home from the Easter egg hunt in our neighborhood. Each year, a local realtor hosts an Easter egg hunt for all the neighbor kids the day before Easter. Ben went two years ago and loved it. We missed it last year, but remembered this year and Kim him took to join the festivities. Of course, he had a blast.


One of Kim's favorite Easter traditions has quickly become one of Ben's favorite traditions too and that's dying Easter eggs. These two make me laugh. How cute.





These are just some really cute shots taken by my dad of Katelyn celebrating her first Easter. She is just a beautiful little thing, isn't she? Kim and I could not be any prouder. The flowers were cut from our garden. It's nice to have some Spring weather again to pop these things out of the ground.


Here's Katie and her Grandma. These two adore each other and love hanging out.



This was a cake shaped like a lamb that my mom (MaMaw) brought over. My dad thought it looked like a pig. Anyway, Ben is obviously ready to dig into this sucker judging by the protruding tongue.


Proud parents sharing in the celebration of Easter with their daughter for the very first time.


These two beautiful women are inseparable. Good thing I get to have them both! Definitely looking forward to another wonderful Easter next year. Hopefully Ben won't have taught Katie about candy by then! Thanks again, Jesus!

I'll try to make an attempt to put more up here in the future. I may need your help to keep me accountable though.

No comments: