Thursday, June 12, 2008

Severe Weather = Green Lawn


Spring and Summer severe weather is nothing to take lightly in Nebraska. But for some deranged reason, I enjoy it. Partially because it is amazing to think about the shear amounts of energy and power that is out of man's control, and partially because it means I don't have to water my lawn. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish for the damage it can cause, but the deluge it brings with it is most desirable.

It's difficult to maintain a lush green carpet in our backyard with Daisy and Lucy's big clod-hoppin feet trampling it all the time. That's why I've really enjoyed watching it this year as the torrential rain has kept my yard looking well manicured (assuming I keep mowing it).



(The white spots are Daisy's toys or bones.)

1 comment:

Kelly Anne said...

Wow, that first picture is a really good one!